ANGER MANAGEMENT & SELF ESTEEM IN YOUNG PEOPLE
The first step towards managing anger is an understanding of its roots. If we, as workers with young people, can understand what makes so many of our young people angry then we can help them to make sense of what is happening to them, and can then work with them to find alternative, more appropriate ways of dealing with their feelings.
The aims of this workshop are to:
- Identify the root causes of anger in young people in our society,
- Consider a range of helpful interventions which workers can use with angry young people,
- Raise awareness of the needs of workers who are working with young people with anger problems – how to stay safe!
- Identify resources for working with young people.
The programme will include:
- Anger and aggression
- Young people’s lives: Control.
- Anger and shame
- Anger as a defence
- Anger and self esteem: Negative labelling
- Staying Calm: Ideas for Angry Trigger thoughts
- Ways of working with anger
- Anger log
- Miracle day
- Support for workers: looking after yourself.