THE MAGIC OF METAPHOR - USING CREATIVE VISUALISATIONS
- Two night's accommodation incl night before start date
- Meals & refreshments over the two days + dinner the night before start date
A two day workshop for anyone who works in a therapeutic way with clients of all ages - counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists, other therapists and anyone who is interested in the use of metaphor to enhance and enrich their own life.
Metaphor has its roots in both Eastern and Western philosophies and has been used for centuries both for individual personal enrichment and as a therapeutic tool.
Creative visualisations liberate the creativity of the unconscious mind without the restrictions we often impose with our conscious thinking and are limited only by our imagination.
The emphasis in workshop will be on experiential learning and give participants an opportunity to explore creative interventions such as storytelling, creative visualisations, writing and drawing, metaphor in everyday language, dreamwork and creating your own fairytale.
AIMS OF THE WORKSHOP
- To explore the roots of metaphor.
- To consider the use of metaphor in everyday language.
- To develop an understanding of the safe and appropriate use of metaphor in a therapeutic setting and to consider contra-indications.
- To experience a wide range of therapeutic techniques which employ metaphor.
- To consider how metaphor can be used to enrich your own life as well as that of your clients.